Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm going to try also...

Well, I'm not sure what I'm doing, but I will attempt to blog. I have no idea how to set it up and personalize it and no idea how to insert pictures and stuff, but for now I will keep it simple.
I enjoy reading the blogs of nieces and nephews and now my sister blogs too, so I will try to get my kids and grandkids going too.

It is summer in Blythe. We stay in as much as possible so I will have more time to sit at the computer and write. I am working early hours (6:00AM-2:30PM) and stay in for the most part, so I don't mind working right now. If I were home, I would probably try to do too much which would require me to go outside and then I would be miserable. So, I stay in the office and answer one or two phone calls per day (compared to 2 lines ringing constantly during the school year) and only have to deal with 8 bus drivers for about 2 hours a day (compared to a staff of 28 all day long during the school year) I am getting so much done that I don't get to during the year. I usually spend my days "putting out fires" and don't do too much "ahead of time" stuff.

Amy usually has 2 or 3 days off during the week, so I only have to worry about Cameron and Faith a couple of days. They are attending summer school (and loving it! new friends, new teachers, no homework) and then on my days, they go to the Rec Center for 50 cents and get to play games and do arts and crafts (and Faith gets to dress up). It all works well. Then the family always goes swimming. That's a given! I cannot imagine not swimming every night. That is my favorite time of the day. And I think it helps us all to sleep better. The kids have 4-H rabbits that we are trying to keep alive. They normally stay in the garage with fans on them, but lately it has been too hot and they have had to be in the house. I don't like the smell (even though I make them keep cages clean) and the mess (shedding fur, wood chips pushed out, etc) but I would hate to have to deal with them walking out and finding a dead rabbit. And they are good rabbits and did well this year at fair competitions, so we hope to keep them another year.

I will write another time about the family, update everyone about what is new with everyone and where they all are. But for now, that's it. Not much to say but wanted to start somewhere.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Pat! Sounds like a nice Blythe summer. I miss evening swimming.

Jones Family said...

I am so glad you got a blog! YEAH!
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Christie said...

Yay! So excited to see you blogging!

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

Happy blogging!

Ashley said...

Yay for you Pat! I do take credit for this amazing family blogging thing we have going on now! In fact, I'm going to write a blog about that!