Friday, July 31, 2009

The family crib still in use



For anyone who doesn't know about it, we have a very small baby crib that has been in our (Parkins) family for 58 years. My dad had it made for our oldest sister and then each of the 5 girls slept in it. My sisters and I started having our children sleep in it also (for tradition) but I don't thnk that they all did because we all lived scattered around when the kids were born. But all of my children did. And now, with Seven doing his part, all of my grandkids have now slept in the crib also. The poor crib is not as steady as it used to be but it will still hold a small infant for awhile. I am just documenting some famliy history here, 3 generations have shared the same bed, even if for a short little while. Thanks mom and dad for starting and sharing this piece of the past with us.

3 comments:

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

We have great memories from that crib.

Ashley said...

Awww, how sweet. None of my kids have slept in in. :( We were never "on-the-ball" enough to do it, and they never slept in cribs!

Christie said...

Ah, how sweet. Elizabeth slept a night in it, but Amelia never did. Amelia never slept a night in any crib once she left the NICU, sigh!