Saturday, April 3, 2010

church callings

I don't know the exact date I was put in as cub scout den leader, and sometimes I just don't think about it because it is a simple calling that I enjoy. But this upcoming week is our cub scout day camp and I realize that this is the 3rd one I have been involved in, so I guess I have been in about 3 years. Actually, I was Cameron's wolf leader for 1/2 his year and he is about to move on to 11 year old scouts. Wow, when you have a comfortable calling you don't seem to care.
But, how well I remember being RS president and I could've sworn I was in for 4 years when it was only close to 3. That was a tough time. And even activity committee chairman was one that seemed to last forever (even though I had secretly coveted that position when I got called). So, now that I have come to this knowledge and I admit that I am totally comfortable here, I will probably get a new calling!

4 comments:

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

yep....you need you to be the teacher for Seminary!!!

Katie said...

I am on my second time as Primary Secretary and it fills like I have been in this calling, and Primary in general, forever. I am comfortable with it now, but I have a second calling that I am totally uncomfortable with so I will probably be in it for awhile.

The Teagan Times said...

Not if I have anything to say about it. I want you there when Teagan starts cub scouts. Of course I have no say so I'll just cross my fingers. :)

I didn't know you had a blog! May I add you to the sidebar of my blog?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.