Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I LOVE THIS JOB!

Wow, I haven't been able to say I love my job in months! But, right now, during the summer, I love my job. Since it is too hot to be outside and I would be stuck in the house anyway, I may as well be stuck in the office and getting paid for it. I can get so much done in the summer that I cannot do during a school year. I love to clean out files, reorganize things and even try to find ways to make things run smoother when the chaos begins again.

I only wish I had this AM energy at the end of the day when I go home. But, that is the problem with the hot weather, it tends to wear you out quicker. I always thought it was good to have my washer and dryer in the garage and not in the house, but now I hate to go out there to do laundry. I always do a load of laundry before going to bed in the evening and another when I get up at 4:30, but if there is any more than that to be done...

Just a reminder to all you Californians (and soon-to-be... A & J) today the new law is in full force- no talking on a cell phone while driving. The fines are small, but I have a feeling (and inside CHP information) they are really going to be enforcing this law. Get your bluetooth ready!

7 comments:

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Sorry I had to delete my other comment, why don't they just let you edit them?

We just got cellphones and one of them came with Bluetooth, but we are leaving California and apparently Missouri doesn't believe in laws :)
(No gun laws, no cellphone laws, no homeschooling laws) Good riddance CA!

Glad you are enjoying your job. The heat does wear you out. We have a washer in our kitchen, but we have to go outside and downstairs to put the laundry in the dryer, so it often gets put off until evening time. Our new place will have the washer and dryer inside- yay!

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

Thanks for reminding me...I'm charging the bluetooth right now!

Jamie said...

Well, luckily Aaron and I have tried to get in the habit of not talking on the cell phone while driving. We only do it once in a while and I guess now we will make sure not to talk on them at all while driving. Our cell phones are blutetooth compatible but I don't know how that would work with my hearing aids. I guess I will have to check that out, thanks for letting us know!

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

I love my job in the summer also. School would be great if it wasn't for the students, teachers and parents.

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

I agree Bob, I would probably go back to being a bus driver if I could drive an empty bus too!

Christie said...

Cracking up about the joys of the school system without students. I sure remember those feelings!