Saturday, January 24, 2009

posting just to post...

I cannot believe I can't think of anything to write about. This will probably be random. I actually have a lot to say but it was all sounding so negative (I've written and erased a few times). Things are crazy at work with a real budget crisis and everyone trying to help fix the problem. Unfortunately, the ideas are pretty much dog-eat-dog solutions. It is all pretty depressing and I am only hoping that they will come up with a decent early-retirement offer so I can just get out before the real crisis hits.
Home life is kind of boring right now also. I work the early shift and Ray seems to work the late shift, we don't see too much of each other. The kids keep me busy since Amy's days off are her school days and she isn't around. Faith is great at doing homework but Cameron is a tough cookie. He knows his subjects well, but he has a real hard time staying focused enough to do homework. It can take up to 2 hours (and that's with him at the table, in my sight, with no TV on and nothing close by to distract him) and then when he does do the work, he is so sloppy. I love working with him on other things, like projects (since it is hands-on, he enjoys it) but homework is a struggle every night (and Amy doesn't get home until after 7:30 which is too late to help). I keep hoping it will get better but right now... Amy and Cameron have a meeting at school on Friday and I am hoping between the teacher and principal they can come up with some solutions to his "easily distracted" behaviors. He is also very inconsistent in tests scores. So, even though I love him to pieces, I also find him an added stress in my already stressed out day. Any suggestions? It helps having lots of family in the educational field, maybe you can help me work this out better.
I miss mom and dad also and wish I could visit more often. I am so used to having them here and making almost daily visits. And even though I know they are happy where they are I know they also miss having family close by and having regular visitors.

Well, I was right, this is random and, I apologize, a bit negative. But it's how I am feeling today and I had time to blog, so here it is.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey, negative posts are what blogging is for! I wish I had some suggestions for helping Cameron, but I don't. He's just lucky to have such a great grandma that is there to help parent him. It must be hard to be a grandparent and "parent".

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

Early retirement sounds nice.

Jessica said...

Well, I don't have any real suggestions, but I can commiserate. Cole is the same way. He's so bright--his teacher told me he's easily the smartest kid in his class, but he just doesn't like to do the work. His excuse: it's too boring. So do it in two minutes and show us it's too easy! But he won't do it at school and he's a pain with homework at home--and that's when he brings it home. Most of the time he's doing his whole week's worth of work Thursday because he forgets it. It must be something with boys. My girls aren't like that.

Cami&Gentry said...

I'm still kind of lost. :-)