Friday, October 2, 2009

Sleepless in Blythe


I have seriously been bothered by the lack of ability to "just put it to rest" and stop thinking about it. It being whatever is so heavy on my mind that day (which these days is my campaign).

My body is aging and therefore will have me waking up at least once during the night or early morning hours which wouldn't be bad if I could just go back to bed and go back to sleep. But I cannot stop my mind from going over every detail of every thought that I have ever had. It is frustrating! I try to force myself into a dream of some sort but I always seem to get turned back to the issue on hand. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

lindsey said...

since I broke my foot I have had a hard time going back to sleep after i wake up to use the restroom (of the joys of pregnancy).. my cast bugs me or i worry about something. It helps alot if I just take half a dose of benedryl before bed on nights I know are going to be bad. good luck with the campaign. oh and btw its fine for the women to stay at our house. we will just have to work out details.

Katie said...

This may sound odd, but I have heard that if you hold tongue in the air in the middle of your mouth (not touching the roof of your mouth or the bottom), it forces you to relax and makes it easier to fall asleep. Sorry - that is all I have!

Unknown said...

Well, you can call me when that happens! I wake up about 3 AM most nights and can't get back to sleep. When Chuck was working, I would turn on the TV and watch something boring and usually fall back asleep but now that he's here I can't do that. Besides, the doctor says that's the worst thing you can do. And I hate it when I can go back to sleep, usually about a hour to a half hour before my alarm is going to go off and then I'm so tired it's hard to function the next day. I've figured out I'm better off just staying up!