Sunday, November 16, 2008

Families are the salt of the earth!

When I titled my blog "one day at a time", I was realizing that the only way I can make it, to endure to the end, is to take it one day at a time. Sometimes that means "hanging in there" and just getting by (pretty much what my job means until retirement). But there are other days that I think of it as just enjoying one day at a time. This last week has been one of those weeks. The littlest things seem to be my biggest pleasures. I watched my 6 year old grandson Robert play soccer and was so proud of his skills and wondered how he acquired them. But then I see his dad's interaction with him and knew where it comes from. So I started watching other relationships between my kids and their kids and felt so proud. Kids can be our biggest sense of pride (and also our biggest heartaches). Families are amazing. I love my husband and appreciate his patience and long-suffering with me over all these years. We are both different people than when we met so many, many years ago. We have evolved together and even though we have had some rough patches over the years ( especially teenagers and free agency...) we have endured together. Now we get to share the blessings of watching our kids and grandkids evolve. Life can be grand and I am so thankful for this time of my life. This time of the year is my favorite when family can get together and enjoy some time away from everyday life. I may not have my whole family together for the holidays, but I will be surrounded by some and I look forward to that. Our plan is for a WHOLE family reunion in July and I can't wait for that. I think it is so nice for cousins to be close also and I love to see them interact. I know that my kids were close to cousins growing up and it is nice that some still have a close bond even though they live so far apart. Families are such a blessing. If you are any part of my family, even extended family, I just want you to know that I love you and appreciate you. And to my kids and grandkids, let me just say "2 pieces" and hope to see you all soon. XOXOXOXOXO

2 comments:

ray and brandie said...

I love my "Love" family with all of my heart. But the "Bolton" family is truly an inspiration to me. I only hope that Ray and I can have half of what we admire in the marriage you and dad have, and that our kids will look up to us the way we look up to you! Love you!

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

Thanks Bran, that's a nice thing to say and I think you guys are on the right track.