Monday, December 15, 2008

fun and games

We are counting down the days until the holiday fun begins. Our Virginia grand daughters will be here in 2 days and we are ready for their visit. We hope the weather will stay nice. It looks like rain is in the near future but the days have been sunny and warm recently. The mornings and evenings have been cold (by Blythe standards, not cold like some of you have experienced) but we have still had our warm days up until 3 days ago. So we are hoping the warmer weather will return for their visit. I wish I could say that I am completely ready for Christmas but that would be too good to be true. As usual, I will probably be out shopping after school gets out and after our holiday party and maybe even up to the 23rd!

Just a quick note about a joke we pulled off. Linda was the mastermind behind it but I was a very willing participant. We got 7 families in the ward to sign up to feed the missionaries for 7 nights in a row and then we conspired to feed them the exact same menu each night. I was the 4th night and even though they commented about the food, I convinced them that it was a new recipe we had at a Relief Society meeting and everyone probably wanted to "try it out". We had a broccoli/chicken/cheese casserole, rice, green salad (with only ranch dressing), purple koolaid and punchbowl cake. The kool aid should have been a real give-away since we always serve milk and water (and offer rootbeer) but I was insistent that it was coincidental. But it was also a very good meal, so they didn't seem to mind too much. But after 7 days of eating broccoli.... well I hope they are doing okay. We did this a few years back, but you have to wait for the right elders to pull it off right and these two were real deserving :)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I've gotta try to do this sometime. I've talked about wanting to do it, but we don't serve the missionaries often because I always forget to sign up!

Jessica said...

That's too funny. I can just imagine the looks on the elders faces when they see what they're having again. :)

We've got the rain this week, but I don't know if it will head your way. Grandma always said you can see the clouds from AZ just disappear over the river on the way to you, so you might not get ours anyway. And it's been cool here too. At work my hands and feet are constantly cold--can't warm them up!

Christie said...

Glad to hear it went well! My mom had told me you were doing it again. I think it's a great way to give them a fun story for theur Homecoming talk!