Tuesday, December 30, 2008

the true Christmas spirit

I just want to share a special thing that happened to me this holiday. On Monday the 22nd I went shopping by myself and enjoyed it. But apparently I was a little more tired than I realized at the end of the day and did something pretty stupid. I stopped at a table just outside a store where they were doing gift wrapping. I decided to have one large item wrapped so I wouldn't have to sneak it in at home. The only thing I had in my hands at the time was the big box and a small box with a gift card from the store close by. Anyway, while waiting I decided it was going to take too long and I left. And, you guessed it, I left the little package on the table (it was in a small designer box). So, with the chaos at my house and even Christmas morning (ours was the 24th), I just thought I had misplaced the box or that it was still with the leftover gifts under the tree. But after searching for it all day, I finally figured out where it probably was. But of course, the next day was the actual holiday, so I couldn't call to ask about it (most of you know, my shopping trip was in Palm Desert , 100 miles away). So I really wasn't sure who to call to check on it since the gift wrap was some Palm Springs Musical Association or something like that. But I did call the store where I purchased it to report it lost and see if they could cancel it out or something (assuming it hadn't been spent yet) and to my surprise, they told me it had been turned in and they would hold it for me until I could come back in with my receipt to claim it. I was shocked but totally happy about that. I would like to think that it was turned in because someone was totally honest and not just because it was Christmastime, but either way I am glad and it does mean a lot to me. ( so Ric and Diona, the gift will be in the mail soon).

No comments: