Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back to reality- school bus accident

So a nice smooth weekend means a crazy work week- it's Tuesday and before I even got to work, a driver called my cell to tell me another bus had been hit and they had just called 911. It was just around the corner from home, so I was first on the scene. It looked worse than it was. There was metal all over the road. But, our bus was actually parked at the curb, picking up a student and a truck driving east into the low sun, sideswiped the bus. But it did a lot of damage to his truck. He had 2 kids in the truck and we had 3 students (1 wheelchair) in the bus. Luckily, the girl picked up was already in her seat and seat belt on because the impact was significant. There were no injuries. But it was a rough way to start the day! No, I didn't take any pictures, my boss came with his camera and took pictures while I did the report, so i have nothing to post.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Wow, glad everyone was okay!