Monday, September 29, 2008

Book Review

We had a nice visit at my parent's new apt. in the retirement home. We haven't been back since the day we moved them in and there were boxes all over the place. It was nice to see it all unpacked and looking like home for them. They have just enough stuff so it doesn't look too crowded but does look personal. I especially love the patio and the garden spot that mom is having the gardeners create for her. She had them take out all of the blooming flowers (pink and purple) and put in more ferns and plants. She wants her area to be different from the rest. She has brought some of her desert rocks and some pots with white & orange flowers. We had a nice visit but since we had Cameron and Faith with us, it was a little harder. They were good, but there is no yard to send them out to play, only the patio and garden and with the apt so small, they get on our nerves after awhile. They tried to play quietly, but it can only be that way for so long. We were there for over 3 hours. But, we all enjoyed the visit and I am glad to see how happy they are. They have one unfriendly neighbor, he scowls at the kids, but we just ignore him.

I should also mention (to my nieces especially) that I am now reading the Stephanie Meyer books. I read Twilight and loved it and am now 3/4 the way through New Moon. I am not liking New Moon as much, but will definitely keep reading the next books. Our public library has them but there is a waiting list. As soon as I finished Twilight, I put my name on the list for Eclipse because I figured it would take me that long to read New Moon. Linda has Twilight and New Moon, so I only need to reserve the others at the library. Very interesting books, who would have thought?

4 comments:

Katie said...

Glad to hear you got to visit, and glad to hear you are enjoying the books. I wasn't really hooked after Twilight...it was actually New Moon that did it for me. It is interesting how everyone relates to and likes different ones better than others. Is there too much Jacob in the second one for you?

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

No, I think I just missed Edward. And I didn't like the whole Italy scene. But it now left me wanting more. And of course, the library hasn't called to tell me Eclipse is in yet. I am going to conference and since I do my major reading while traveling, I will probably just have to buy the next two volumes (and give them to your mom to go with the first 2)

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

Don't talk about it too much! I haven't finished it yet.

I started liking Twilight when I was introduced to Jacob. Now, I am not liking it so much. I think it is just too slow...or I am slow... it isn't the BOOK, but the fact that I can't read ...only doses and I am impatient. I will finish it. And hope that I will like New Moon.

Christie said...

How fun that you are reading the Twilight series. I enjoyed a fast and furious week of neglecting my children and reading them, then decided they weren't something I'd really want to read again, so I sold them on half.com along with a couple of parenting books I knew I'd never read.