Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wonderful trip to Salt Lake City/ General Conference












Well we had a great visit with Di and Rich this past weekend. We have not been to Salt Lake City for a long time (20 years?), so we were totally impressed with the beautiful city. At least the area around temple square. We spent one day doing the tourist stuff and then one full day at conference. Between Di and Rich's missionary tickets and our cousin-in-law's Tabernacle Choir tickets (Ed Thompson directed the choir in the Sat. AM session) we had great seats on the main floor of the beautiful 21,000 capacity conference center. I took the picture of the Presidency from our seats. And of course, I think the talks were given directly to me.
It was fun to spend the day with the Berrys as we toured the "underground tunnels' of SLC (even if we didn't run into a general authority). It was a beautiful day on Friday but rained all day Saturday. We parked up a hill ( I added the picture for a little sympathy) from the center and had to walk to the car to have our "picnic" lunch in-between sessions and then back up there again after the last session. It was no problem for the others, but I realized I won't be running any marathons in the near future. And with the added rain... plus I'm a little bit of a klutz, so me in church shoes, in the rain and walking up a big hill, not a good combination. So I solved the problem by removing my shoes and putting on a thick pair of socks to walk in. Yes, my feet were soaked, but at least I didn't fall down, trip, or break an ankle.
The other great part of the trip was me and Ray having some alone time. Even though I have to admit I'm not the best traveling partner. We stopped in Vegas on the way and I bought the 3rd vampire book so I could continue reading the series without interruption. So, needless to say, I read until I dozed then woke up and read again. Not that Ray minded too much, he is a true trucker and listens to "Road Dog" radio. But, like I said, I love having some time alone and away from the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives.
Well, I managed to download my pictures, now if I can just learn how to arrange them, space them out and be able to write under them and all that. I'll keep working on that. And now that I have all my pictures downloaded, I will do a random picture blog of all the pictures that go with my previous posts.


3 comments:

Ashley said...

That is awesome that you had such great seats. I still haven't even caught up on all the talks yet so I feel like I'm missing out!

Christie said...

Sounds like you had fun and that you're enjoying the vampire books! Also sounds like you need Sunday shoes more like mine...Dr. Scholls.

Jones Family said...

I love your pictures! I know my mom and dad loved seeing you guys and we loved the short visit we got to have with you too!