Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What's been happening this week

First, I have to say, I am using Amy's laptop, first time ever to use a laptop and I love it but I am also really slow at it and keep making mistakes. But for some reason I am not able to blog or make comments on other blogs on my work computer anymore and so I am trying to quickly post something while Amy takes her shower.

We've had minor illnesses around here. Ryan woke up one day last week with his right eye completely swollen shut. It didn't open for 3 days. The doctor treated it as an eye infection but I think he got bit or stung just by the eye. But once it was opened, it was just fine. I have also had what is being treated as an eye infection for 2 weeks but still have a stye. It's ugly but only bothers me when I am tired. Ray had a dizzy spell which kept him home one day but doctor's ran some test and couldn't find a reason for it.

I had an old friend riding a Greyhound bus call me up and said she had a 30 minute stop in Blythe and I ran down to meet her and get in a quick visit. It's a shame when friends are only passing through Blythe... Oh, well. But Blythe is alive and well this week because it is Homecoming and anyone who knows Blythe knows that all the old timers come home for the events.

I finished up with a grant I was writing for a bus replcement and that is a big relief. Now I will begin looking for optional ways to purchase fuel because the district's budget is tight this year with next year looking worse, so we are trying to come up with some creative ideas for fueling the buses. But, I have to admit that I enjoy keeping busy at work, it helps the day go by quicker. I have only had to drive a bus one afternoon this year (so far) so when I did, it was enjoyable.

I have now finished the "vampire" books and loved them. But they did interfere with my sleep habits, so it is probably good that I am done. I am looking forward to getting into something else.

Well, Amy needs the computer for homework (what nerve!) so I guess I will close now. I will try to post more often but sometimes there isn't much to say. But, I will mention I spoke to Grandpa today and he says to tell everyone that they are doing well. They just had full physicals and got clean bill of health except a little high cholesterol which they should be able to control with diet (it helps having a dietitian cooking for you). He told Grandpa his heart sounds great. And Grandma is losing weight (about 1-2 # per week) so she is happy. They really seem happy.

3 comments:

Ric and Diona said...

Glad to hear they're doing well. So Amy has a blog up now, who else can we harp on tp get started?

Christie said...

Thanks for the update!

Ashley said...

Great update! Glad to hear that Grandma is losing weight! Hope your stye goes away. I used to get those all the time but it has been quite a while since my last one. They are so annoying.